Skip to main content

Strictly Stuff

So my lovely friend at work who knows I'm a big Strictly O' Holic asked if I fancied writing a bit of a report type thing each week after the show. I enjoyed writing it so much I decided to stick it on my blog - knowing probably only Lovely Lee, Delicious Iz and Beautiful Bevis are likely to read it but hey, it's my blog innit! So here we go:




Strictly Come Dancing – BROADWAY BABY

Opening Number: - Eh? Is this it? But...But its Broadway, they could do anything! Who’s the choreographer, let’s find out so I can punch them!
Intro: - Once again I fail to listen to what the old bugger and the plastic lady are saying as I stare and stare at Barbie Tess’ face, there’s definitely been work done.  Oooh and now the parade of outfits at the beginning, I like this part! The A Man thinks Nancy looks HAWT, he drools a bit. I think Brendan looks HAWT, I am too classy to drool!  I think the SCD bods have seriously missed a trick on the red button commentary malarkey; they could have had The Winkleman and The Winkler! Man I would’ve paid money (not really) for that!

1) Holly and Artem - Tango                                                                                                
     Much better in the cage than out, I am distracted by the funny big knickers things they have her wearing. Poor girl, very unflattering.  Artem is rocking this tango far more than Holly who has the cold, dead eyes of Rachel Stevens.                                                                                                                                             My score=6. Judges score= 7,8,7,8
     
2) Dan and Katya - Vienese Waltz
      Dan is so charming and funny in the rehearsal segments it really makes me wish he was a better dancer. This is his best dance so far but it’s just dull. There is absolutely no hint of Broadway in this number and I think it will put Dan in danger.                                                      
     My score= 6 Judges score=5,7,6,6   
                  
3)      Anita and Robin – Jive
      Jesus! What do these two have on their heads! Why do they keep dressing Anita in such odd outfits? I love Anita, she’s adorable and though I think this is a bit of a crap jive I don’t want her to go anywhere, don’t think she’ll be in danger, she seems to be a bit of a fav with the judges, maybe Len has a bit of a crush going on?                                  
      My score=6, Judges score= 6,7,7,7,

4) Alex and James - Vienese Waltz
      Alex has found some grace; she looks absolutely stunning and so graceful, if a bit stiff in theface. Very simple but lovely routine.  
                                                                                                   
       My score= 7, Judges score= 8,8,8,8   

5)      Rory and Erin – Quickstep  
      Who knew Lionel Blair was still ganning like? Well ya bugger! Really nice Hollywoody feel to this dance, I think Rory is doing well, and by the way was totally robbed last week – he should’ve got an 8 just for his shimmy. That was the best male celeb shimmy since Mark whatsisface the cricketer dude – fact! 

       My score= 7 Judges score= 7,8,8,8 
 
6)      Lulu and Brendan – Rumba     
       Bah stupid cape covering Brendan’s lovely posterior, I disapprove, erm, yes, anyway, very nice and floaty, Lulu looks amazing, enjoyed this. I heart Brendan though think he shouldn’t be allowed to talk as it spoils him. My mother thinks exactly this about David Beckham, I think maybe we are bad people!      

      My score= 7 Judges score= 5,7,7,7  
  
7)      Nancy and Anton – Tango   
      The A Man becaume suddenly very interested in the dancing, put’s the laptop down and everything. I would complain but well, see 6).  I have to say, Anton is rocking that hat, I really liked this, I find these two a hilarious double act, and her actual dancing is better this week. Am I the only one who thinks she looks like the cougar type lady from Dirty Dancing?     


                                  
      My score = 7 (entertainment factor has to be a consideration!) Judges score= 4,5,5,6    

8)      Audley and Natalie – Quickstep
      Natalie always does interesting choreography and you can see she’s tried to play to his strengths. I liked this, bit of comedy, bit o fancy footwork.  Not outstanding but perfectly nice. I approve.  
      My score = 7 Judges Score= 5,6,6,7     

9)      Robbie and Ola- Tango                                                                                                                  ROBBIE FOR THE WIN, yes, yes, ok, I have Robbie in my works Sweepstake – shuddup!  What was up with the camera work in this dance, missed most of it in the stupid swooping and close-ups! I hate that! Really liked Robbies grrrrr man face think he had the Tango character really well. Not quite as good as last week but still pretty fab actually. 
      My score= 7 Judges score= 7,7,8,8,   
           
10)   Russell and Flavia- Foxtrot   
       Russell has brought out the best in Flavia, making her likeable for the first time for me. He’s so sweet and funny and adorable and loving the dancing so much that you can’t really do anything but appreciate the comedy, camp genius. The dancing is a bit, well, crap but it really doesn’t matter at all.    
      My score = 6 Judges score = 6,7,7,8  
        
11)   Jason and Kristina- Tango 
      (brief note before dancing commences, A Man has now laughed at two of Bruce’s “jokes” he has been warned there is a three strike and you’re out policy now implemented as well as my scorn and general disappointment in him. You let me down honey!)     Ok, this dance, highlight of the whole series so far!  I loved every bloody second of this, the campest, bestest Tango ever. Jason singing parts of it and his grrrrrrr tango face can just not be beaten.  Kudos to Kristina for very clever and hilarious choreography and for keeping a straight face herself throughout. MARVELLOUS!  
      My score= 9 Judges score= 9,9,9,9   
        
12)   Chelsea and Pasha – Cha Cha Cha    
      Firstly Bruce’s “wicked” jokes made me want to head butt the old git, I feel he presents a justifiable case for enforced retirement and for bringing in The Winkleman. I love The Winkleman probably a bit too much! Ok, dance, it was really good, tons of actual content and complicated and interesting choreography. I love Pasha and really think they are both doing well and not really getting good feedback, making Chelsea and Pasha the new Matt and Aliona (whose scoring last year INFURIATED me!)        
      My score= 8 Judges Score= 6,8,8,8,

13)   Harry and Aliona – Jive 
      Harry WAS Danny Zuko, first time we have seen him properly in character – his absolutely best dance by far, he is also getting that lovely dancers bum, which I think might be due to getting the posture right. I absolutely loved this – Aliona being one of only two pro’s who I think understood the “Broadway” concept. Brilliant way to end the show!    Oooh and Bruno now at his mental best!   
      My Score= 9 Judges= 8,8,9,8

Overall – The pro dances (including the one on the results show) were the worst performances of the show(s)! Really disappointing.  Holly and Anita were my least favourites.  Jason and Harry my absolute favs, and Robbie and Chelsea I really enjoyed too. I think Dan might be in danger – neither nowt nor summat that dance.

LOSER OF THE WEEK – Bruce! Sorry, no. Dan, awww Dan, I think your pro let you down! Bless ya cotton socks.

Notes – I scored before the judge so wasn’t influenced by them.  Crikey that’s a lot of writing, sorry! J

Comments

  1. I am glad Dan got booted out, he can't take criticism and yet he gives it out on the telly each day and must have doen the same when he taught tennis.
    I'm hoping Jason wins as he is ultra competitive but I reckon that Robbie is THE DARK HORSE!

    By the way I hope you are watching 'It takes two' every night

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw mate - I wish, the kids demand the telly at that time of night, I got no chance. They don't love the dancing, they demand to watch old 80's cartoons (Tala is watching Voltron right now) so I can't really complain but y'know I can sulk!

    I don't watch whatever Dan is on, but that dance was mega dull despite the spangly waistcoat! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm shocked Stacey, I never miss an episode of It Takes Two. You need to tape them and watch them later.
    Karen was on tonight talking about the routines. We did try watching with the red button this on Saturday but found it very offputting with the Fonz and her in the bottom left. Binned that idea after two dances!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Robin of Sherwood.

Here we are again, another auld SFX blog. This time a review of Robin of Sherwood, from about 2010 I think. I also think after reading this I absolutely need to watch this again and soon. Sometimes shitty weather is a treat isn't it, or at the very least permission to curl up with ya knitting and your spicy tea, mmmm spicy tea and watch something delicious. And this is really delicious. For more than one reason.  It is probably on Netflix of Prime by now I would've thought. Did you love this? Did it haunt you? Sometimes unbidden, does this scrumptious face just pop into your head? Robin of Sherwood: Nothing’s Forgotten…Nothing’s Ever Forgotten   When I was a child in the 80’s the unmissable television programme of the time was Robin of Sherwood. My overwhelming memories of the series were: Michael Praed being the most beautiful human being I had ever seen, the blond replacement being a bit rubbish and the episode with the Hounds of Lucifer being the most terrifying

Episode 9: Not Live

  Welcome to Episode 9 of Whittle Waffle. This time I am not live but next time I hope to do it live on the Youtubes as I am lazy sooooo lazy.  This time I talk about:  Stuff I Watched The Umbrella Academy Season 2 Taken Red Dwarf Also you can listen to the ep of Geek Syndicate where we interviewed Rob Grant  HERE Once Upon a Time  Me Jimmy, Heidi and Jon on Comic Beat Insider taking Time Bandits Stuff I listened to: The Sandman audiobook Scientology Fair Game Stuff I Read Knitting You can see here:  Tiny Rocky Coast  (Warning links go to Ravelry!) Which is the little cabled cardi                               Olallie  the leg warmers. Knit out of my handspun!                               Socks I don't use a pattern but here is a good pattern should you need it -  How I make my socks by Susan B Anderson and finally not pictured but current work in progress is the Zoe Fan Stitch Jacket by Vibe Ulrik Sondergaard from the book Labour of Love you can see pattern info here -  https://w

Episode 5 : Talk Nerdy to Me

Things I read: Breakfast at Tiffany's Nora Roberts Things I listened to: Cold Days by Jim Butcher The Devil you Know  by Mike Carey Remains of the Day Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier Things I Watched                                            One Mississippi Stan Against Evil Future Man Toy Story 4 Other Geeky Stuff Comic News Insider Flash Gordon Special CLICK HERE Mega City Book Club: The Pit Knitting TheGidday Cardi The Effortless Cardi  and The Maggie Cardi