Skip to main content

Strictly Blackpool

Woohooooooo it's Blackpool week. I love this week, I love how hyper excited everyone gets, the OTT nature of it and how it has a sense of occasion. Lovely. Lets rock on...rock on...I'm so fooking funny! Firstly the opening dance with all the little kiddies and the whole cast and the older folks etc was wonderful I utterly loved it. Brilliant and we're off to a flying start

Sophie and Brendan - Quickstep
LOVED it. A very Hollywood quickstep, lovely storytelling and pace and so nice to see her a bit more relaxed and smiling - I think it's a hair thing yer nah. If you pinned my hair back so tight it didn't move for an entire day, I think I'd struggle to appear full o sexy too. But that hair flying wild she's FREE, FREEEEEEEEe! Nice. I also love how she really thanked the extra dancers for catching her so beautiful. Free and well mannered, go Sophie!
Me - 9 Judges 7? 9,9,9

Patrick and Anya - Samba
Those stupid Samba bumjobs I'm surprised we don't have more incidents like this. AWWW I felt for her though. The malfunction just threw them off..I was so sad. Bless em. He has the sexy hips and everything it could've been so good. Ah well there was the remains of a really good dance about it!
Me - 8 Judges 8,9,9,9

Ben and Kristina - American Smooth
CENSORED  ...beautiful facial expressions which made me think CENSORED..oooh and those lifts which couldn't fail to bring to mind CEEEEEEENNNNNNNNSSSSSOOOOOOOOORRRRRED.
HEll YES! Let's have another look at it eh?
Me - 10 (fook off we've had this conversation!) Judges 8,8,8,8

Ashley and Ola - Paso Doble
Cowboy Paso? Really? I thought with - I'll be honest with you - a cynical and bemused air! I kind of loved that. I think they really pulled it off. The best bit is how well Ashley danced with the other male dancers, he really did not look out of place at all and I think that was a brave decision. Bonkers but brilliant!
Me - 9 Judges 8.9.9.9

Fiona and Anton - American Smooth
Although this is her best dance so far it was littered with mistakes, timing issues and awkwardness. Nice frock though! So yer nah, not all bad!
Me - 6 Judges 6,7,8,8

Abbey and Aljaz - Quickstep
Beautiful and joyous, I loved watching this. I loved the bit where she forgot herself a little and started singing. I think there was a bit of gapping, I noticed that too but it wasn't too bad and I think Mr RH was a little hard on these two this week
me - 9 Judges - 7, 10,10,10

Mark and Iveta - Jive
I found that painful to watch I'm afraid, stompy, slow horrid feet. It looked hard work. I watched through my fingers. Still though, 100% better than last week in my opinon! At least it wasn't creepy! Another contender for the Dance Off methinks!
Me - 5 Judges 5,8,8,8

Susanna and Kevin from Grimsby - Paso Doble
My dance of the night, I loved the proper old school feel to both the tone and look of it. I loved the music. It felt so appropriate to Blackpool week. Susanna is really understanding and picking up the 'character' of the dances more now and you can see it in both her reaction afterwards as well as throughout the dance. I just loved it. Also the dude was rocking them fancy pants oooh oooh and talking about pants did you see her flashing hers left right and centre it was a freaking PANTS FEST! More of this type of thing please!
Me - 10 Judges 9, 10,10,10

Natalie and Artem - Charleston
Fab, very stylish absolutely beautifully performed with sense of humour and character. I really should look forward to these two dancing more. But there's something not working for me, there doesn't seem to be that much of a connection between them. Mebbe they're too good. I dunno can't put my finger on it but I really enjoyed the dance and the music choice
me - 9 Judges 9, 10,10,10

RESULTS!

 LOVED the opening dance with the old school feel to it. Brilliant! The bottom two are as totally expected Mark and Iveta and Anton and Fiona. And now for some entertainment oh oh NO NO stop wheeling out bloody bloody bloody BLOODY BLOODY Andre Rieu, he is full of Bill Oddie weirdness that upsets my flight or fight instinct, I can't bloody, bloody bear it. Oh don't worry because here's some more 'entertainment' oh no sorry my mistake it's JLS. WEll, I think my midlife crisis is kicking into old lady grumpy overdrive....erm maybe.

So we wave a goodbye to Fiona and Anton, they had a good innings as we grumpy old ladies are wont to say. I think Mark and Iveta caught a break - let's see how they cope next week!

As is becoming normal here is a video of Derek Hough - this isn't even from a current series but I don't even care because I am borderline obsessed and slightly stalkery!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robin of Sherwood.

Here we are again, another auld SFX blog. This time a review of Robin of Sherwood, from about 2010 I think. I also think after reading this I absolutely need to watch this again and soon. Sometimes shitty weather is a treat isn't it, or at the very least permission to curl up with ya knitting and your spicy tea, mmmm spicy tea and watch something delicious. And this is really delicious. For more than one reason.  It is probably on Netflix of Prime by now I would've thought. Did you love this? Did it haunt you? Sometimes unbidden, does this scrumptious face just pop into your head? Robin of Sherwood: Nothing’s Forgotten…Nothing’s Ever Forgotten   When I was a child in the 80’s the unmissable television programme of the time was Robin of Sherwood. My overwhelming memories of the series were: Michael Praed being the most beautiful human being I had ever seen, the blond replacement being a bit rubbish and the episode with the Hounds of Lucifer being the most terrifying

Episode 9: Not Live

  Welcome to Episode 9 of Whittle Waffle. This time I am not live but next time I hope to do it live on the Youtubes as I am lazy sooooo lazy.  This time I talk about:  Stuff I Watched The Umbrella Academy Season 2 Taken Red Dwarf Also you can listen to the ep of Geek Syndicate where we interviewed Rob Grant  HERE Once Upon a Time  Me Jimmy, Heidi and Jon on Comic Beat Insider taking Time Bandits Stuff I listened to: The Sandman audiobook Scientology Fair Game Stuff I Read Knitting You can see here:  Tiny Rocky Coast  (Warning links go to Ravelry!) Which is the little cabled cardi                               Olallie  the leg warmers. Knit out of my handspun!                               Socks I don't use a pattern but here is a good pattern should you need it -  How I make my socks by Susan B Anderson and finally not pictured but current work in progress is the Zoe Fan Stitch Jacket by Vibe Ulrik Sondergaard from the book Labour of Love you can see pattern info here -  https://w

Episode 5 : Talk Nerdy to Me

Things I read: Breakfast at Tiffany's Nora Roberts Things I listened to: Cold Days by Jim Butcher The Devil you Know  by Mike Carey Remains of the Day Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier Things I Watched                                            One Mississippi Stan Against Evil Future Man Toy Story 4 Other Geeky Stuff Comic News Insider Flash Gordon Special CLICK HERE Mega City Book Club: The Pit Knitting TheGidday Cardi The Effortless Cardi  and The Maggie Cardi