Skip to main content

Strictly Baby! Week 1 part 2



The Saturday Show

The opening dance was fantastic, I loved it. Some of the parts that make up the Strictly Spectacle were somewhat missing in Friday's show but were here with a bang on Saturday. Though the Bruce and Tess show remains cringe worthy, I maintain my opinion that the BBC could save a fortune by axing the pair of them and bringing out THE WINKLEMAN ( I LOVE her!)


1) Kimberly and Pasha - Cha cha cha
Pretty good and solid start here for Kimberley. Technically, it seemed pretty good if a bit soulless - like something was missing. Her hand movements aren't as elegant or beautiful as either Fern's or Denise's but a really good start.

Judges Score - 7,7,7,7
My Score - 6 (ooh I'm harsh aren't I!)
Pirate Score - 2 yars

2) Sid and Ola - Waltz
I was expecting Sid to be properly rubbish I was so I was outrageously surprised when he turned out to be freaking brilliant! His facial expressions were fabulous, he really sold the dance and I was left a little bit speechless - which happens so rarely it was celebrated by the A Man with BEER. You go Sid you blumming dark horse you!

Judges Scores - 6,6,7,7
My Score - 7
Pirate Score - 2 yars


3) Johnny and Iveta - Cha Cha Cha
So Aliona twisted her ankle to get out of dancing with Johnny what a swizz, you have to take your turn Aliona, you got Matt and Harry the last two years and did amazingly well it was your turn - take it like a woman mate! Well, this went exactly as expected with one exception - the man can move his hips, I really don't know how to feel about that! Also how lovely was Iveta? What a lovely lady - hope we see her again!

Judges Score - 3,5,5,4
My Score - 3

4) Dani and Vincent (I MISSED him!) - Waltz
Slightly rag dolly to begin with and a little steppy in the turns (it's one of my technical terms) but she settled in to it and I think she'll get better very quickly, I think it was nerves this week which is totally understandable. Not bad

Judges Score - 5,5,6,5
My Score - 5
Pirate Score - 2 yars





5) Lisa and Robin (disclaimer I have Robin in the work sweepstakes so may show bias for which I make no sodding apology whatsoever yeeeehaw!) - Cha Cha Cha
Well flipping heck and that's just for Robin's vest yo! This dance made me so happy I actually had a pain in my tummy! Not only was it hilarious, full of content and amazing gurning the woman can MOVE! Beautiful hands, perfect rhythm, and a highlight of the evening Craig shimmying like a star to her during the dance - brilliant!

Judges Score - 8 (well bugger me backwards!), 8, 7,7
My Score - 7

6) Richard and Erin(argh I LOVE HER) - Waltz
Elegant and a nice performance which fell a little flat. Possibly due to the preceding fabuliciousness and maybe to do with the bloody awful turgidness of the music. Ergh, it felt endless and really spoiled this performance for me. (Hang on I am still reviewing Strictly here and not any show beginning with an X aren't I?) Still I don't think he did half bad and let's not try and force him to be the "new" Russell thank you judges!

Judges Score - 5,5,7,6
My Score - 5
Pirate Score - 1 pitiful yar!


7) Jerry and Anton - Cha Cha Cha (also known as the highlight for the A Man and his disgusterous old lady fancying ways!)
Barely any dancing for which Anton should be ashamed. But I freaking love her and don't really care about that.

Judges Score - 3,5,5,5
My Score - 4

(aside - Bruno coins the term Glamazon! Mint I love you Bruno!)

8) Louis and Flavia ( I've missed Flavia and her amazing dancing hair!) - Cha Cha Cha
Excellent! Some posture issues I'm sure Flavia will hammer out of him but check out that hip action y'all hubba hubba! I think this is a couple to watch, place your bets now!

(quick aside to say that during the judging this is the first time I have really warmed to Darcey with hints of Arlene perviness left, right and indeed centre!)

Judges Score - 6,8,8,7
My Score - 6
Pirate Score - narrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Well that was flipping marvellous wasn't it? I loved every single Brucey free second of it and will see youse here this time next week. Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep Reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robin of Sherwood.

Here we are again, another auld SFX blog. This time a review of Robin of Sherwood, from about 2010 I think. I also think after reading this I absolutely need to watch this again and soon. Sometimes shitty weather is a treat isn't it, or at the very least permission to curl up with ya knitting and your spicy tea, mmmm spicy tea and watch something delicious. And this is really delicious. For more than one reason.  It is probably on Netflix of Prime by now I would've thought. Did you love this? Did it haunt you? Sometimes unbidden, does this scrumptious face just pop into your head? Robin of Sherwood: Nothing’s Forgotten…Nothing’s Ever Forgotten   When I was a child in the 80’s the unmissable television programme of the time was Robin of Sherwood. My overwhelming memories of the series were: Michael Praed being the most beautiful human being I had ever seen, the blond replacement being a bit rubbish and the episode with the Hounds of Lucifer being the most terrifying

Episode 9: Not Live

  Welcome to Episode 9 of Whittle Waffle. This time I am not live but next time I hope to do it live on the Youtubes as I am lazy sooooo lazy.  This time I talk about:  Stuff I Watched The Umbrella Academy Season 2 Taken Red Dwarf Also you can listen to the ep of Geek Syndicate where we interviewed Rob Grant  HERE Once Upon a Time  Me Jimmy, Heidi and Jon on Comic Beat Insider taking Time Bandits Stuff I listened to: The Sandman audiobook Scientology Fair Game Stuff I Read Knitting You can see here:  Tiny Rocky Coast  (Warning links go to Ravelry!) Which is the little cabled cardi                               Olallie  the leg warmers. Knit out of my handspun!                               Socks I don't use a pattern but here is a good pattern should you need it -  How I make my socks by Susan B Anderson and finally not pictured but current work in progress is the Zoe Fan Stitch Jacket by Vibe Ulrik Sondergaard from the book Labour of Love you can see pattern info here -  https://w

Episode 5 : Talk Nerdy to Me

Things I read: Breakfast at Tiffany's Nora Roberts Things I listened to: Cold Days by Jim Butcher The Devil you Know  by Mike Carey Remains of the Day Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier Things I Watched                                            One Mississippi Stan Against Evil Future Man Toy Story 4 Other Geeky Stuff Comic News Insider Flash Gordon Special CLICK HERE Mega City Book Club: The Pit Knitting TheGidday Cardi The Effortless Cardi  and The Maggie Cardi