Skip to main content

Strictly Shorter

Reet then me darlings, it's that time of the week again, this is going to be short, sweet and with minimal perving (hahahahhah - you don't really believe that do you?) Anyhoo Keeeeeeeeeeep reading:

Sophie and Brendan - Foxtrot
Lovely, she managed to look really relaxed and elegant and old Hollywood to perfection all the way through this. Fabulous frock dahlinks!
Scores - Me - 9 Judges 8,9,9,9

Fiona and Anton - Rumba (?)
OH NOES it's return to the Dell'Olio's/Hall/Widdecombe state of affairs. Howay man bonny lass, that poor boy has been through enough. Yeah, I honestly think her biggest problem is her nerves, can they not like, sedate her or summick? Or a couple of G&T's usually sorts me out. They're going to be in trouble fairly quickly if things don't improve
Me - 5 Judges 4,6.6.6

Mark and Iveta -Cha Cha Cha  (for some reason in my notes at this point I have written "urgh Brucie I could VOM!" I have managed to block out of my memory whatever it was he did. If you know - please don't tell me I don't need that memory back - cheers!)
This dance displayed Myer levels of bonkerness, Mark in his shitcatcher pants and gold lame top, it was comedy fooking genius. I loved every second, and actually he was really good, the dude can shift can't he? I laughed along, and it was 'with' and not 'at' which is fabulous!
Me - 8 Judges 3,8,8,7

Ashley and Ola - Viennese Waltz
It was alreet, fairly elegant, a little bit boring. I thought he did a fairly good job and I liked Ola's dress. S'it.
Me - 7 Judges - 7,8,8,8

Julien and Janette - Salsa
Have you ever been to someones house and the parents fetch out the beloved child they think is talented and they make the child perform, and then you have to tell the snot nosed git that it's fabulous and amazing and on the inside you really want to leave and never come back? That.
Me - 3 Judges - 4,6,7,6
* I have just stuck a mp3 of my child singing at the end of a podcast BUT that is totally different because she is singing the Defenders of the Earth theme tune and it's hilarious, she's RUBBISH it's cute as hell. Totally different...shuddup o yer faces!

Rachel and Pasha - Quickstep
Mmmmm Pasha, if only you'd taken your top off it might have distracted us all from the fact that it was a little bit too difficult for her. Loved the concept, loved the outfits but she's a little gawky and though I think it's good to push maybe this was a push too hard?
Me - 7 Judges 5,7,7,7

*I love the relationship between Len and Bruno, it's usually more like this on the American version, but Bruno falling off his chair laughing here was just a delightful highlight for me. Love his face.

Ben and Kristina - Salsa
Look, I don't know about the rest of you, but when that geet bloke starts flinging this little woman all over the shop, my brain goes to a naughty, naughty place. If your brain does not work that way I both envy and pity you in equal measure. That was fabulous, he's still a little stiff (oooer) but he is blatantly loving it now, and that's joyful to watch and those lifts were sooo impressive, I actually gasped when they did that when where her face went speeding towards the floor..oh my gosh that's good telly that is!
Me - 8 Judges - 8,8,8,7

Deborah and Robin - Jive
I can't believe how much I love the po faced one offa Dragons Den! It's that bloody grin, it's on her face the whole time it's infectious, she remains utterly adorable despite wobby problems and flagging energy levels.
Me - 6 Judges - 5,6,6,6

Natalie and Artem - Quickstep
No quips, no funny remarks. That was outstanding and I loved every bloody second. That is all.
Me- 9 Judges- 9,9,8,9

Patrick and Anya - Cha Cha Cha
Sexy and naughty this boy can cha cha. That was really, really good. I enjoyed it no end. He was pulling some really weird faces but his hips and bum were mesmorizing so who cares?


Abby and Aljaz - Tango
Her best dance so far and my favourite dance of the night

Dramatic and beautiful and just unexpected - especially with the music choice, that was inspired. I really loved it. Go Abby!
Me - 9 Judges 9,8,9,9

Dave and Karen - Waltz
Another beautiful flipping frock, I want this one though obviously I would look like a badly stuffed settee in it. A sweet dance missing the Myer magic in my opinion. But nice
Me - 6 Judges - 5,6,6,6

Susanna and Kevin - Samba
I loved the concept and storytelling but it did make me think about how the girls dance on My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. She's gorgeous and it was a bit messy but she's just beautiful to watch - wildly sexy! I love her
Me - 7 Judges 6,7,88

RESULTS SHOW
The opening dance was stunning, much more like it. I really loved it!
Tess's dress was minging and black shoes - what were you thinking?!
Dance Off - Rachel and Pasha and Julien and Janette unsurprisingly

Well I thought Rachel danced much better that time so the result was pretty obvious. Bye Julian, I WON'T miss the random SHOUTING! 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robin of Sherwood.

Here we are again, another auld SFX blog. This time a review of Robin of Sherwood, from about 2010 I think. I also think after reading this I absolutely need to watch this again and soon. Sometimes shitty weather is a treat isn't it, or at the very least permission to curl up with ya knitting and your spicy tea, mmmm spicy tea and watch something delicious. And this is really delicious. For more than one reason.  It is probably on Netflix of Prime by now I would've thought. Did you love this? Did it haunt you? Sometimes unbidden, does this scrumptious face just pop into your head? Robin of Sherwood: Nothing’s Forgotten…Nothing’s Ever Forgotten   When I was a child in the 80’s the unmissable television programme of the time was Robin of Sherwood. My overwhelming memories of the series were: Michael Praed being the most beautiful human being I had ever seen, the blond replacement being a bit rubbish and the episode with the Hounds of Lucifer being the most terrifying

Episode 9: Not Live

  Welcome to Episode 9 of Whittle Waffle. This time I am not live but next time I hope to do it live on the Youtubes as I am lazy sooooo lazy.  This time I talk about:  Stuff I Watched The Umbrella Academy Season 2 Taken Red Dwarf Also you can listen to the ep of Geek Syndicate where we interviewed Rob Grant  HERE Once Upon a Time  Me Jimmy, Heidi and Jon on Comic Beat Insider taking Time Bandits Stuff I listened to: The Sandman audiobook Scientology Fair Game Stuff I Read Knitting You can see here:  Tiny Rocky Coast  (Warning links go to Ravelry!) Which is the little cabled cardi                               Olallie  the leg warmers. Knit out of my handspun!                               Socks I don't use a pattern but here is a good pattern should you need it -  How I make my socks by Susan B Anderson and finally not pictured but current work in progress is the Zoe Fan Stitch Jacket by Vibe Ulrik Sondergaard from the book Labour of Love you can see pattern info here -  https://w

Episode 5 : Talk Nerdy to Me

Things I read: Breakfast at Tiffany's Nora Roberts Things I listened to: Cold Days by Jim Butcher The Devil you Know  by Mike Carey Remains of the Day Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier Things I Watched                                            One Mississippi Stan Against Evil Future Man Toy Story 4 Other Geeky Stuff Comic News Insider Flash Gordon Special CLICK HERE Mega City Book Club: The Pit Knitting TheGidday Cardi The Effortless Cardi  and The Maggie Cardi