Skip to main content

Wot I did on me summer holidays like - week 2

Saturday was my birthday. I found it a bit overwelming. I saw my parents on my actual birthday for the first time in as long as I can remember. They'd travelled up the night before and were relieving me of my kiddiewinks on Saturday lunchtime for a WEEK! I was really spoiled rotten present wise, my mammy - on her own mind - had scoured wool shops and secured me about 4 jumpers worth of wool, all beautifully presented in baskets wrapped in cellophane and my dad had chosen me a vintage knitting book and that's just the tip of the iceberg really. My A man outdid himself and seems to be on a mission to make the whole fooking week a birthday celebration. And that's not going into the spoiling I got from the rest of my friends and family. It was just really terrific. We all had lunch at the lovely Rattler with my bestie mate with boyfriend and baby in tow and then all of a sudden it was just me and A in a VERY quiet house. Not for long like as we had pub plans doncha know!  We went out for sushi and to the theatre - to see a fantastic Agatha Christie play which I loved every second of, then drinks with some friends we bumped into there - a lovely end to a fantastic day.


Sunday was pub day, and I mean day. We went to the Harbour Lights for an amazing Sunday Lunch, then to our favourite pub in South Shields, The Steamboat for real ales and hanging out, we both had books and I of course had knitting and it was peaceful and laid back and lovely. Then we ventured out to South Shields Folk Club which was brilliant, we were made to feel very welcome and the music was brilliant and the stand up comedy which seemed to come along with it equally brilliant. So I'm now looking for a permanent Sunday night babysitter so I can go everyweek! Reasonable pay and food provided - any takers? 

a favourite folky song inserted for your enjoyment  - The Unthanks Blue's Gaen Oot O'the Fashion


Monday, I had to go to work but I have shuftied me hours about like and get to finish at 1 this week. Just in time for Japanese food and then The Goddamn Batman, followed by cocktails and nibbles at Popolos (I had a sloe gin fizz which was AWESOME!)  And this is what I thought of the Goddamn Batman:



Full of plot holes, Alfred seemed to be channelling Katie Holmes from the first film. I couldn't make out half of what Bane said. Batman's recovery from his broken back was completely and totally unbelievable, and he spent far too much time down the pit of despair.


BUT I really, really enjoyed it, the gadgets were amazing, Anne Hathaway was scorching, I FOOKING loved the Batbike/pod whatever the fookiddy fook it was called. The effects were great, the little touches of humour brilliant. Tom Hardy - fantastic. Gary Oldman, I still would - just saying. The ending - just bloody perfect. I thoroughly enjoyed every rollercoaster minute. I do think it had serious problems and ultimately it was bobbins but I really didn't care too much about that.

And then yesterday I picked up Mrs Browns Boys and spent a happy evening with Agnes and some knitting. Sigggghhh 2 sleeps til the kids are home!

Comments

  1. Sounds like an awesome birthday to me. Glad you had a good 'un.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Robin of Sherwood.

Here we are again, another auld SFX blog. This time a review of Robin of Sherwood, from about 2010 I think. I also think after reading this I absolutely need to watch this again and soon. Sometimes shitty weather is a treat isn't it, or at the very least permission to curl up with ya knitting and your spicy tea, mmmm spicy tea and watch something delicious. And this is really delicious. For more than one reason.  It is probably on Netflix of Prime by now I would've thought. Did you love this? Did it haunt you? Sometimes unbidden, does this scrumptious face just pop into your head? Robin of Sherwood: Nothing’s Forgotten…Nothing’s Ever Forgotten   When I was a child in the 80’s the unmissable television programme of the time was Robin of Sherwood. My overwhelming memories of the series were: Michael Praed being the most beautiful human being I had ever seen, the blond replacement being a bit rubbish and the episode with the Hounds of Lucifer being the most terrifying

Episode 9: Not Live

  Welcome to Episode 9 of Whittle Waffle. This time I am not live but next time I hope to do it live on the Youtubes as I am lazy sooooo lazy.  This time I talk about:  Stuff I Watched The Umbrella Academy Season 2 Taken Red Dwarf Also you can listen to the ep of Geek Syndicate where we interviewed Rob Grant  HERE Once Upon a Time  Me Jimmy, Heidi and Jon on Comic Beat Insider taking Time Bandits Stuff I listened to: The Sandman audiobook Scientology Fair Game Stuff I Read Knitting You can see here:  Tiny Rocky Coast  (Warning links go to Ravelry!) Which is the little cabled cardi                               Olallie  the leg warmers. Knit out of my handspun!                               Socks I don't use a pattern but here is a good pattern should you need it -  How I make my socks by Susan B Anderson and finally not pictured but current work in progress is the Zoe Fan Stitch Jacket by Vibe Ulrik Sondergaard from the book Labour of Love you can see pattern info here -  https://w

Episode 5 : Talk Nerdy to Me

Things I read: Breakfast at Tiffany's Nora Roberts Things I listened to: Cold Days by Jim Butcher The Devil you Know  by Mike Carey Remains of the Day Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier Things I Watched                                            One Mississippi Stan Against Evil Future Man Toy Story 4 Other Geeky Stuff Comic News Insider Flash Gordon Special CLICK HERE Mega City Book Club: The Pit Knitting TheGidday Cardi The Effortless Cardi  and The Maggie Cardi